[OpenPOWER-HDL-Cores] introducing libre-soc: nmigen hybrid cpu-vpu-gpu

Hugo Landau hlandau at devever.net
Thu Mar 26 23:05:45 UTC 2020

>which reminds me: is the source code of the Power ISA Tech Ref Manuals
>available, and would it happen to be in latex?  if so, it would be a
>*lot* easier to write a program that parses the latex source code than
>it would have been for me to manually cut/paste tables from an xpdf
>view of the V2.07B and V3.0B PDFs.

The manual is created using FrameMaker, a proprietary typesetting
system. AFAIK, the input is an XML file which has never been published.
Having it would be quite useful.

[1] is an example of a project using this XML file to derive a
machine-readable specification, as noted in the diagram in the project's
README. They don't mention their source for the XML file nor do they
publish it, so I assume this must have been provided confidentially to
them by IBM. Perhaps contacting the project authors would provide some
leads?

[1] https://github.com/rems-project/sail